Arriving at Amen: Seven Catholic Prayers That Even I Can Offer Leah Libresco Ave Maria Press

Edmund Herger Ulmer Munster, Painting of a ChurchMary's Rosaries

A  relative once wrote: "Why can't we all just be good, kind and caring people?" I think that she meant that we could do this without being religious. I don't think so....This is one of the struggles that famous Catholic convert Leah Libresco discusses in this book. Did we learn moral law naturally or did we need religion?  What is the point of being good without believing in God? She also writes intelligently and lucidly about the sacraments, the Rosary and praying to the saints.

I found the first part of this book rather heavy and philosophical, and wondered whether to go on with it.  However, I liked reading about Libresco's prayers to the saints, and I also liked her literary and cultural references.

This is highly-recommended for anyone interested in the Catholic Church.

I received this ebook from Net Galley in return for an honest review.


Comments

Popular Posts