Reading Upside Down by Jo Platt

Don't read this on public transport! You will be in danger of laughing out loud! This was hilarious at times, and an easy and uplifting 'comfort read'. I know which author to look for in future if I am feeling down.

Ros has been extremely depressed after being jilted at the altar, watching TV and loafing about in her dressing-gown. Luckily, she has the chance to move, and work with her friend Andrew in an antiquarian book store in a new town, where she also meets Georgina and Joan. However, when she meets her neighbour Daniel, her life becomes very messy yet again.

I enjoyed the funny situations that Ros gets into every time Daniel arrives on the scene. Joan's antics were also amusing, but her portrayal annoyed me a bit. I hope that the rest of Jo Platt's older characters are more dignified! It verged on the patronising, I thought. That's the main fault that I found with this sweet, romantic read.

Comments

Popular Posts