Bad Luck in Love Julia Zieschang

 This is such a sweet story, mostly a fantasy for YA readers, but suitable for anyone who is young at heart! Here we meet Darcy, an Irish sixteen-year old who is having trouble with some mean girls at school. She'd like to retaliate against one in particular, and goes in search of a Luck Bringer. The Luck Bringer she finds, however, has been fired, and he has to make four people happy to get his job back. Darcy travels to several beautiful places in Europe, including Prague, to help him fulfill his aim, but she has many difficult lessons to learn along the way.

I enjoyed this just as much as the first one in the series, especially the tour through Prague, and meeting some of the characters from the previous book again. I will be interested to read more books by Julia Zieschang.

I won this ebook from Library Thing Early Reviewers in return for a review.

Comments

hels said…
I might not have looked for a book called Bad Luck in Love, especially from an author I didn't know. But my partner was born and raised near Prague for his earliest years.

Decades later we had the most wonderful holiday with his mum, visiting her old Prague home and business etc. If Julia can capture some of that magic quality, I am keen to read her writing.
Viola said…
I just looked at your lust of favourite authors, Hels -I am very sorry that I didn’t see your list before. I doubt that you’d like this book because it is really a teenage fantasy and not at all literary. Your holiday sounds wonderful! I am not sure that this book would capture that magic for you!

I will look up literary novels set in Prague.
Viola said…
Hello Hels,

Letters from Prague by Sue Gee looks good. I read a few of her books many years ago but the problem was that they tended to be very miserable.
Viola said…
Here are some more novels set in Prague: https://strongsenseofplace.com/2020/01/20/15-novels-that-capture-the-magic-and-mystery-of-prague/#:~:text=Prague%20Spring%20%2D%20Simon%20Mawer&text=If%20you've%20ever%20wondered,a%20while%2C%20in%20communist%20Czechoslovakia.

I didn’t realise that Anthony Trollope wrote a novel set in Prague, as well.

Popular Posts