I saw this meme somewhere and really liked it. They're not all classics and some of them are out of print, I'm afraid, but these are the books that I couldn't live without on my desert island and my reasons:
1. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen): I'd need to fantasize about Mr.Darcy and the usually perceptive Elizabeth's company!
2. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell): I'd need all of Scarlett's gumption and more to survive on and escape from being stranded on the island.
3. Crime and Punishment(Dostoevsky): This story of redemption is ultimately comforting, and I'd study the knife-like precision of the writing.
4. Anne of the Island (L.M. Montgomery): Anne's bright spirits would cheer me up, not to mention beloved Gilbert, and this is my favourite 'Anne' book.
5. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith): This rags-to-riches story is also one of my favourites.
6. How Sleep the Brave (Catherine Gavin): This is a story of heroism and courage dur…