Victorian Reading Challenge

I've finished the first book for this challenge!


Becoming Queen
by Kate Williams was a very enjoyable, fast-paced read about the wild Princess Charlotte Augusta and the young Princess Victoria. Williams keeps this story interesting and is especially good when describing Victoria's struggles with her mother and John Conroy. I was sorry to finish this book and I'm looking forward to reading William's other books.

Queen Victoria Was Amused by Alan Hardy

I didn't quite finish this. This collection of amusing anecdotes shows that Queen Victoria had a good sense of humour, loved to dance and was quite broad-minded. She even danced Scottish reels at 72! This book became a bit repetitive, however.

I am reading American Jennie by Anne Seba at the moment.

Comments

Popular Posts