A Soldier's Goodbye A BRAND NEW sweeping historical romance of love, loss and decades of secrets by Norma Curtis
When the Welsh village of Nant organises a commemmoration of the stationing of African-American soldiers there during the war, it brings back memories for Ginny, Edna and May, just teenagers at the time. Ginny is especially affected, as she remembers how she fell in love with Samuel. She also has secrets which she’s hidden from her husband Billy.
This is an enjoyable read, which describes the discrimination that these soldiers suffered, based on true accounts. I hadn’t read much about this, so it was interesting. I think that they were treated better by the British than the Australians, judging by the stories that I’ve heard about the war, but that’s another story!
I didn’t mind this novel, but it doesn’t compare with the last wartime story that I read, The Glass Key. Also, I found it a bit anti-Catholic, and that annoyed me. It wasn’t a necessary part of the story.
I received this free ebook from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Comments