Miss Buncle Married by D.E. Stevenson

How I wish that I knew someone like Miss Buncle! It's an absolute pleasure to read about this delightful character's new adventures now that she's married to a lovely man.  The new wife soon falls in love with a large, old-fashioned house in a new village and the couple move there, ready to begin a different life.

The trouble is that the former Miss Buncle has given up her beloved writing, and she understandably doesn't know what to do with herself.  She has certain mysteries to solve, however.  Why are the children nearby so 'wild' and fey, for example?  Why does their father appear to have a strange interest in her?  More importantly, how can she keep young Sam, her husband's nephew, away from his true love, Jo, until Jo's aunt dies?

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first one in the series, but I still found it a joy to read.  I am very grateful to Net Galley for giving me this book to read.

Comments

Popular Posts