Love Letters from Montmartre by Nicolas Barreau

 This is the loveliest book, and it is also the next best thing to visiting Paris, especially Montmartre! We have stayed there a couple of times, and the author describes it so well that I revisited every street in my imagination. This is such a sweet, moving and uplifting love story. It is the best one of Nicolas Barreau's books, I think.

I wasn't sure whether to go on with it, because it was extremely miserable at the beginning. Julien writes romances, but heartbroken over the death of his young wife, he finds it difficult to have hope in his life, although he has his little son to look after. Helene, his wife, asked him to write a letter for each year in her life, which he finds a chore at first. However, the letters become cathartic, and he starts receiving answers. Could a miracle be happening? Is Helene writing back? Life and love have not finished with Julien!

I read this for the The TBR 22 for 22 Challenge. I also received this from Eidelweiss.plus in return for an honest review but I bought the paperback in the end.

Comments

Popular Posts