A Country Escape by Katie Fforde

 Katie Fforde has been called a 'modern day Jane Austen' by Red magazine, and I usually really enjoy her escapist romances, however this one was a bit irritating. This was because it had an awful Australian character in it who I found rather stereotyped, although Fforde writes that we are not all like that! It would have been good to have a lovely Australian character to make up for it. I probably seem a bit sensitive but he had a big role in the book.

Fran, the heroine, has been offered a farm by her elderly relative if she can look after it for a year. A city-dweller, Fran finds coping with the dilapidated farm rather difficult, but her best friend helps, and then there is the attractive neighbour Antony who seems keen to assist. But what are Anthony's real motives? How is Fran going to cope with her competition? 

I found the details about cheese-making interesting, and the romance is lovely, but I will be giving this one away.

I read this for the Rose City Reader 22 for '22 Challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts