Her Mother's Secret by Natasha Lester

 This was a poignant story of unrequited love set just after The First World War. I enjoyed it but I prefer the other books that I've read by Natasha Lester.  This was one of her earlier ones but it has a lovely hero and heroine, and a couple of absolutely diabolical villians who want to keep them apart! 

Leonora, devastated by her father's death, sets off for a new life in New York where she wants to set up a cosmetics business. Before she leaves, she falls in love with handsome Everett Forsythe, but he is destined for someone else, and by the time she falls pregnant, Everett is married. Leonora struggles to start her business, and has a bad time as she deals with poverty, a big decision about her baby, and Everett's nasty sister. Will she and Everett ever be happy?

I recommend this for lovers of historical novels, but I found it a rather miserable story.

I read this for Rose City Reader's '23 for 23 Challenge because I bought it last year.

Comments

Popular Posts