Adam and Eve by Jeffrey Archer


 It’s sad to learn that Jeffrey Archer died just before his latest novel was released, but it’s good to know that he passed away peacefully in-between writing sessions. He left us in his inimitable style with his latest novel, which shows just what a great storyteller he was. When I first began it, I thought that it might be a sweet, gentle Downton Abbey-like love story. How wrong I was! 

This story of Adam, a shepherd’s son, and Eve, the Earl’s daughter, who are born on the same day is fast-paced, exciting, and has lots of edge-of-seat twists and turns. The war chapters are especially well-done, involving lots of details about Dunkirk which are seamlessly embedded into the story, and a thrilling escape from Germany. Adam and Eve are both naturally extremely likeable characters, as always with Jeffrey Archer, and there’s a suitably malevolent villian.

I will miss reading ‘the next Jeffrey Archer! Hopefully, he’s happily writing away in the library in the sky.

I received this free ebook from NetGalley in return for an honest review.



Comments